There are many reasons which draw visitors to Australia. Some travellers wish to explore the beautiful places in the country. Others come for business visits and some others for visiting friends and family.For making such temporary visit, one can apply for visitor visa under subclass 600. But travellers must understand all details of this visa.
Streams of Subclass 600 Visas
The streams of this class permit foreigners to visit Australia for various purposes. The following are four streams which come under Australian visitor visa:
- Tourist Stream:
This includes people who want to travel to Australia for tourism purposes or visit friends and family. By this visa, travellers to Australia can indulge in recreational activities within the stipulated time period.
- Business Visitor Stream:
This visa is meant for business purposes. This includes people who want to travel to Australia for attending business conferences, making business deals or for doing any other business activity.
- Sponsored Family Stream:
This is a visa stream in which when some relative wishes to sponsor your visit, when you are travelling to meet your family.
- Approved Destination Status Stream:
The stream is for citizens of the People’s Republic of China. When they wish to travel to Australia in groups, this stream becomes applicable for them.
For getting a visitor’s visa, you need to fulfil a few basic needs. They are:
- You must be able to convince concerned officials about the purpose of your visit.
- You must provide proof of funds to support you during your period of stay. This amount is dependent on whether you are travelling with family or alone.
- You must provide genuine proof that you have reasons and intention to return to your country.
- You must prove that you don’t owe any money to the Govt. of Australia. If you do, you must give proof of funds to return the sum.
- In the case of Family Stream Visa, you must have a letter of sponsorship from a relative.
- You should be in good health condition.
- You must provide proof of your moral character.
Benefits of Visitor Visa
You will get several benefits with a visitor visa for Australia.A few crucial ones are:
- You will be able to travel to Australia for business needs, family meetings or just for holidaying.
- You have the chance to study in Australia for 3 months.
- You have the right to work here as an unpaid volunteer.
- You can stay up to 12 months. This depends on the purpose of your visit.
- You can enjoy single or multiple entries to Australia during the period of the visa.
Sponsored Parent Visa
On 5 May 2017, the Australian Govt. announced the instruction of a new sponsored, temporary visa for parents of Australian citizens as per the 2017-18 year of the Migration program. This new visa will permit Australian citizens to sponsor their parents to stay in Australian for five years at a time.
Need for Visas
You need a visa to come to Australia for reasons like sightseeing, holidays, recreational or social purposes to visit friends, relatives and business visitors or for short-term non-work purposes like medical consultations. You may also need a visa if you are transiting via Australia to any other country.