Canada is one of the most lucrative countries in our present-day world. More and more people, especially from third world countries are shifting bases and moving to Canada. However, if you are not that willingly to permanently shift bases to Canada, but want to get a taste of both the tourist as well as professional life here, then there is one thing that you can do.
You can always apply for a working holiday visa Canada. This is basically a work permit that allows you to be employed and earn money when on your trip to Canada. It also has provisions under which you can work for more than one employer and in more than one place within the country. If this prospect sounds interesting, then here are a few things that you need to keep in mind, when it comes to this work permit:
- You have to keep in mind that this is a work permit of International Experience Canada and it is not the visa. That is, when you head out for Canada, you won’t be able to board your flight, until and unless you have your visa. Once you reach Canada, you will not be able to legally find employment anywhere if you do not have the work permit with you.
- Canada has an agreement with a few countries and if you are a citizen of any of these countries, then only will you be able to apply for this work permit. Here are the names of some of the countries that are currently in this agreement with Canada: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Taiwan, UK, Switzerland, etc. So first you need to find out whether your citizenship criterion matches or not before you can send in the application.
- Many people often want to extend their work visas once they are in Canada. There might be multiple reasons behind the choice of extension but one has to follow a certain process in order to get their work permit extended. The work permit expires with the mentioned date in it or with the visa that you are carrying. If you wish to extend it further then you will have to send in an application to the required embassy at least 30 days prior to the date of departure. It will be smart to keep all your papers at hand when you ask for extension.
- There are various pools when it comes to the application process. When you send in your application you will be asked which pool you want to be a part of. Canada has agreements with different countries about different pools, hence again a lot rests on your citizenship.
- And finally, be prepared to pay the required sum during the application process. Each pool and citizens of each country will have to pay a fee during the time of the application in order for their application to be considered valid.
So, if you are thinking about applying for a work permit to Canada, do keep these points in mind, which will make your application process easier.