One of the most affluent countries of Europe, Germany is not only an exotic destination but also a global hub of companies and work opportunities. Many people who consider settling abroad prefer to choose Germany as their destination for the large number of benefits that this country has to offer, both occupationally and in living standards. But there are a number of formalities and conditions that need to be fulfilled and met before you can apply for a job in the country.
The Germany job visa is a kind of special permit that allows you to stay in the country for six months and look for a job there. If at the end of this time period you have been able to secure a job for yourself, then you will be given a work permit and will be allowed to stay on in the country. It should be noted that just by getting a job seeker visa you do not get permission to start working there.
For being eligible to file for an application, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- Your educational qualifications should be up to the mark. You must have a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree from a German university. Or you can have any equivalent degree from any other university.
- Next on the list are the job qualifications. You must be having significant work experience in your educational field. You must have no less than 5 years of experience in your field.
- For the initial period of six months (the length of this visa) you should be having significant financial backing to fund your stay. During this period of time you will not be able to receive any monetary help from the government and hence you must show capability to fund your stay.
- You must also be having a travel and/or medical insurance to your name. This insurance has to remain valid for the entire period of time that you are in the country.
Papers and documents
Apart from the above qualifications you will also have to make available a list of documents. They are:
- You must hold a valid passport that has been issued in the last 10 years and will be valid for at least 2 more years.
- You must have a copy of the data page of your passport.
- Passport size pictures based on the requirements.
- A document that bears your statement of purpose for the visit, how you will pursue it and what options you have in mind in case you are not able to find employment.
- Your detailed resume.
- Certificates of your educational qualifications.
- Documents that verify your financial standing.
- Proof of your health insurance.
- A document stating your stature in your country (birth certificate, etc.)
Filing of application
It should be noted that getting a Germany skilled job seeker visa does not depend merely on the above steps. You will also have to fill out an application and sit for an interview while your application is processed.