canada immigration

What Amount of Work Experience Can Get You Canada Immigration

In Canada, work experience is a necessary requirement for the IRCC to approve your immigration application. As far as immigration streams as per Express Entry are concerned, they allow immigration to someone who has experience in Canada or abroad i.e. the country in which he resides currently.

The higher value of Canadian experience

Canada government adds a lot of value to the experience held in their own country. The experience in Canada has more importance for the IRCC than the experience in India.

Anyways, whether you have experience in India or Canada, it should be at least 30 hours every week for 1 year. The experience should also be in specific occupations. This 1 year is the least amount of experience without which immigration to Canada is difficult.

What are the specific occupations in which your experience is counted?

These specific jobs should be either in Professional/Managerial/Technical jobs. All these jobs are included in the well-defined occupations as described by NOC codes A, B and 0. So, looking whether your occupation has a NOC code assigned to it in A, B or 0 lists of occupations is exhausting and can be done by a consultant.

Your education, your age and the IELTS score, decide how much experience is required. These factors decide if more than 1 year is needed. It’s because, for every characteristic of yours, Canada government gives points to you. These points decide you will be selected or not based on what are the points scored by other candidates for immigration.

Once you have low scores for all these factors, it’s better to have at least 3 years of experience to get the nod for Canadian immigration. With this experience, you can have a better score in comparison to other candidates and get more points. You can achieve 25 points with 3 years of experience and those are only applicable when the candidate gets CLB7 equivalent scores in the approved exam of IELTS.

Lower years of experience can get you a PR of Canada

Canadian connection: This is possible when you have someone who is residing in Canada. This can be someone you know like a relative or a friend. The Canadian government is now awarding points for such kinds of connections. The candidate can get up to 15 points for this.

Ph.D. holders: The candidate can also get Canada immigration with lower experience, once he has a lot of education in his country. The candidate should hold a doctorate degree from his country which will make him get a total of 150 points. These kinds of points reduce the experience required from a candidate for Canada immigration.

Good French: The other way in which you can get away with a lower work experience, not lower than 1 year is to have some good skills in French. The Canadian government is giving special recognition to those with excellent French skills. For a candidate who has a good score of NCLC 7 in French combined with CLB 5 in  English, there is an extra reward of 30 points by the Canadian government.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *