The Skilled regional visa (subclass 489) is for the people whose skills, experience and abilities are demanded in specific states of territories of Australia. This visa allows the people to live and work in states of Australia for up to four years. Those are the main period for one to setup their lives abroad and live up to their professional dreams.
To work in Australia, you should meet the following requirements:
- You should have appropriate certificates to prove your proficiency in English Language, i.e. you should provide your IELTS Score.
- The occupation for which you are applying must be in appropriate Skilled Occupation List,
- You should have the appropriate skills and experience for the job you are applying for,
- Your skills should have been gauge by a gauging authority acknowledged in Australia,
- You required to meet the character and health criteria
You can apply for skilled regional visa using three pathways, the extended stay pathway, the invited pathway and subsequent pathway.
Criteria for applying for Subclass 489 visa includes following steps:
- You must have to submit an expression of interest (EOI),
- You must be of age between 18 -49,
- You must have passed the skilled assessment regarding your nominated skill,
- You should be sponsored by state or territory or any eligible relative, who must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand passport holder.
Additional criteria for application for Subclass 489 visa Australia through invited pathway required invitation letter from Australian Immigration department.
And additional requirement for application for extended stay pathway is your provisional visa in subclass 495(skilled independent regional visa), 496(skilled designated area sponsored provisional visa), 475(skilled regional sponsored visa) or 487.
Points will be estimated from your SkillSelect and if you score high enough then you will be invited for applying visa if you are sponsored by relative. Now Australian state and territory government agencies will able o see your EOI and they will decide whether they want to nominate you or not.
And if you are nominated you will be invited to apply for the visa.
Benefits of Skilled regional visa (subclass 489) are:
- Subclass 489 visa holder can live and work for Australia for 4 years,
- Subclass 489 visa holder can also sponsor his/her family members,
- Subclass 489 visa holder can also apply for permanent residency with required document in Australia,
- Family member of Subclass 489 visa holder can study in Australia.
Documents required for applying for Skilled Regional visa:
- Personal Certificates such as passport, birth certificate, character certificate with information regarding criminal records,
- Evidence of English language proficiency,
- Proof of your relation with sponsor
Skilled Regional visa (subclass 489) can cost as follows:
The extended stay pathway can cost up to AUD325, invited pathway cost up to AUD 3670and subsequent entrance pathway can cost AUD 325 if your family member was extended pathway applicant and can cost AUD 3670 if your family member was an invited pathway applicant, and you might have to pay additional costs.