Visitor Visa Subclass 600 is the type of visitor visa that is granted to foreign nationals who want to visit Australia for short duration for tourism purpose or for any reasons mentioned below:
- Visiting friends or family
- Tourism and sightseeing
- To obtain medical treatment or seek consultation from doctors
- Attending business meets, conferences and exploratory business meetings
Who are Eligible for Applying Visitor Visa Subclass 600 in Australia?
People from the foreign country who want to visit Australia and don’t have the passport issued by a country eligible for ETA are required to apply and secure the visitor visa to Australia prior to their visit. People who want stay in Australia or visit someone and stay for more than 3 months are required to apply for the Visitor Visa Subclass 600. You are required to check the list of countries that are eligible for ETA before applying for the visitor visa subclass 600 for Australia.
Is Working Possible with Visitor Visa Subclass 600?
Working as a paid worker at any institute with visitor visa subclass 600 not possible, however voluntary work are permitted under certain circumstances. The applicants are also not allowed to apply for any study courses or programs that last for more than 3 months with the visitor visa. This translates that you are allowed to take courses which terminate within 90 days.
For How Long You can Stay with Visitor Visa Subclass 600?
However, this greatly depends on the type of visa that you are being issued. There are single and multiple entry visa and the time frame guaranteed under these visas range from 3 months to 6 months and 12 months.
How to Apply for Visitor Visa Subclass 600?
Before applying for the Visitor Visa Subclass 600, applicants are required to complete the form 1419 which is the application for the visitor visa and submit the complete form to the immigration office of Australia and also pay the application fee that is applicable. After submission of the form 1419, you need to wait for the decision and during this phase you are required to prepare the supporting documents including:
- A valid passport and 2 photocopies of the biographical section of the passport, especially if you are sending the application via post
- Supporting financial documentation so as to prove that you can afford to stay and finance your stay in Australia during your visit. You may either provide the copy of your bank statement or deposits and other evidences of assets and funds.
- Study or employment documents so as to prove your intent to return to your nation after the trip is over in Australia. You can provide the letter of employer or the copy of business license or enrolment copy from the institutions where you will be attending for the course.
After approval a notification mail will be sent to you along with the valid time for the next steps. You will be asked to provide the supporting documents and make the trip to the closest immigration officer for setting an appointment date.