The Australian temporary work visa allows employers in Australia as well as overseas to sponsor an immigrant employee to work in Australia for a period of 4 years with multiple entry and exit from the country during the course of 4 years. The applicant is allowed to live and work in Australia on the basis of his skills. The dependents of the applicant are allowed to work or study during the period they live in Australia.The following is a brief of the framework of the application and sanctioning of the visa.
Process for Application
The application process is initiated by the employer. The following is the step by step process of the application:
- The employer files a nomination for a vacant position to sponsor a skilled worker. The employer submits an application for regular business sponsorship along with discussing the labor deal.
- The nomination and application is assessed by the authorities. The assessment is to verify the genuine need of a skilled worker from overseas or a temporary worker already residing in Australia. The authorities also check the salary offered to the nominated employee in comparison to the local employees performing the same responsibilities in Australia. Once all these points are thoroughly verified, the sponsorship is approved.
- After the approval from the Australian authorities, the nominated employee applies for an Australia temporary work visa 457in his/ her country of residence.
Eligibility of the Applicant
The applicant applying for a temporary work permit Australia should satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should have a valid and approved nomination for the vacant position the fits into the scope of the SOL list.
- The supplicant should have expertise in the skills required for the vacant position.
- The applicant should be able to produce required documents during the process of visa approval.
Eligibility of the Sponsor
Along with eligibility of the applicant, the sponsor should also satisfy certain criteria:
- The sponsor should be an active and lawfully operational organization in Australia.
- The sponsor should be able to provide necessary documents to prove the genuine need of the employee for the vacant position.
- The sponsor should be willing to provide a full time and permanent employment to the applicant.
- The process that the sponsor undertakes for the nomination and application should be according to the rule and regulations set by the authorities.
Benefits of the Temporary Work Visa
The benefit of a temporary work visa is that it allows the applicant and his dependents to live in Australia for the duration of 4 years. The family members are allowed to work or study under the norms of the temporary visa. Furthermore, there is no limit to the number of times the applicant and the family members can enter or leave Australia.
The temporary work visa framework works on a strict policy. The visa is granted to an overseas employee when there is a genuine need. The applicant as well as the sponsor should be able to satisfy the eligibility for the visa to be successful.