A visitor visa permits Indians to visit Australia for recreation or holiday or to visit friends and / or family for up to 3 or 6 or 12 months. It can be used also for short-term non-work purposes. This visa is called sub class 600 visitor visa (both tourism and Business streams).
Who Must Apply
This visa is required by all passport holders outside Australia and wish to apply for a visit to Australia. Travelers from certain nationalities can avail of ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) or eVisitor modes.
Fast track mode
Since December 2016, in case of Australian tourist visa for Indian citizens, applied at any one of the AVAC (Australian Visa Application Centres), one can access an optional fast track service by paying an extra AUD (1000) or Indian rupees (53300).
These applications will be processed within 48 hours. But candidates must pass health and security checks. The fees paid once will not be refunded in case application is rejected, so apply with caution.
How to Apply
When you are ready with all documents and forms, you can visit an AVAC near your city to apply for visa in person or through an authorized person.
Please take care to read properly the security regulations and follow instructions before you visit any nearby AVAC in India.
Indian applicants for subclass 600 visitor visa (tourist and business streams), can approach AVAC’s located in Cochin, Jalandhar, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, and New Delhi.
Visitor Visa(Subclass 600) Is Applicable For:
- Holidays/ recreation, visiting friends/ family
- Business visits (attending conference/ negotiation/ exploring business).
This visa has replaced earlier visas for:
- Tourist visa
- Sponsored family visitor
- Business (short stay) visit
- Sponsored business visit
Streams for Visitor Visa:
- Tourist stream
- Business visit stream
- Sponsored family stream.
- Applicants need to submit notarized copy for all pages of passport
- Pay the charge for visa application
- Submit one recent passport size photograph
- Submit certified copies of birth certificates indicating name of parents
- Provide health and police clearance certificates
- Children below 18 years of age must provide notarized no-objection certificate of parents/ guardians and copies of their passports.
- Provide evidence of enrolment in university, college or school.
Extra Needs for Tourist Stream
- Complete forms of application (form 1419) to get a visitor visa- tourist visa stream.
- Family detail form to be completed and signed by applicant
- In case you are visiting friends and family, you must provide letter of invitation from them. In case they are paying for your visit, evidence of enough funds must be provided.
- In case you are visiting Australia on the occasion of pregnancy of daughter/ daughter-in-law, you must provide a letter from a doctor, confirming the condition.
- In case you are going for a medical emergency, you must provide letter from doctor/ hospital ascertaining condition of patient.
- If going for a student-exchange program, give proof that arrangements have been made.
- Provide proof of funds (include bank statements, documents about assets, taxation documents)
- Provide details of travel and accommodation plans inside Australia.
- Letter from employers if you are employed, business registration if self-employed, enrolment evidence from students.
- Evidence of overseas health insurance must be provided by visitors of over 75 years.
These are some of the requirements for Australian tourist visa online.