Study Visa

My Study Visa Has Been Refused. What Can I do? Will the Visa Fee Be Refunded?

Yes, you can get the complete refund of your tuition fees. But there is no refund of application fee (150 CAD) for this visa and the biometric fee(75 CAD) which is charged by IRCC. Colleges ask for the Visa Denial Letter, sent by IRCC, before refunding the tuition fees apart from asking for administrative fees for processing such refunds.

If your study visa has been refused, then it’s a lot of documentation which is involved in filing the application again. The candidate should have the patience to file the application as per the reason, which is listed in his refusal letter. The candidate can show such refusal letter to our study visa consultants who analyze the mentioned reasons for rejection.

Reasons for the visa not getting approved

Problems with the evidence of show money

In the case of study visa, the clients have the apprehension about putting the right amount of funds for “show money” because according to them the amount of 10,200 CAD is exorbitant. This is because they fear that the government expects them to expend this amount, which of course is not the case. It’s not necessary that the student will spend this amount during his stay in Canada.

As already told, the amount of show money which is required is 10,200 CAD(Rs 5,32,165.35). The candidate can take student loans for presenting this amount in his bank account.

Now, this amount is credited to a student’s saving account, every other month, in installments when he is in Canada. Every installment is of 2000 CAD. It’s up to to the student on how much he spends. If he does not spend, this much amount, the rest of it is saved for him.

Problem with IRCC believing that the candidate won’t be leaving the country after his course 

Of course, a student can stay in the country after his education is over, on a legal status. You can stay if you have a visa like a Post Graduation Work Permit. However, if you don’t make an application and are staying on an expired study visa, then that’s wrong.

A candidate who is not able to prove the IRCC, that he will live in this country “legally” after completing his studies won’t be given the study visa. Now, there’s the tricky part. The candidate needs to convince the IRCC about his “Genuine Temporary Entrant” requirement which implies that he will go out of Canada when the study visa is no more valid. However, this exit might not be applicable for him, once his Canada PR application is approved after his education ends.


he has a post-graduation work permit approved after the end of his education. This kind of work permit, allows a candidate to work in Canada as long as his pursued course was(whether it was 8 months long or 3 years long). However, this work permit, can’t be given for a period of more than 3 years, no matter what was the duration of the Canadian education. So, a candidate should be prepared to leave the country when this work permit ends.

IRCC is not convinced by the choice of the course

The candidate should have opted for the right course. You can’t opt for a course which is completely different from the previous educational background or work experience.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *