visitor visa for Australia

What Is Visitor Visa for Australia?

Australia is one among the top tourist destinations in the world with over 450,000 foreign national arriving here, every month. You must have a valid visa to travel to Australia unless you holda passport of New Zealand or are a citizen of Australia.

A Visitor Visa will permit you to enter Australia to make a short business trip, visit friends and family or enjoy a holiday of fun. Period of visa is for 3 or 6 or 12 months.

There are different types of visas for travellers to Australia. Nature of visa to be applied for isdependenton your passport, purpose of visit and duration of stay.

Australian visitor visa (Subclass 600) is the visa applicable for tourist, business and family visits of short duration. Base application charge for this visa ranges from AUD 140 to AUD 1020. Other visas for short term visits to the country include eVisitor(Subclass 651) and Electronic Travel Authority (ETA- Subclass 601)

eVisitor visa:

This is a visa of free charge formaking numerous visits to the country for business or tourism reasons for up to 3 monthseach, inside a period of 12 months. This visa can be availed by citizens of several European countries but can’t be extended.

Electronic Travel Authority Visa

This visa permits you to travel to Australia as often as you desire within a year and live here for 3 months per visit. The ETA visa can be availed by citizens of certain countries, who are locatedoutside Australia. No charge is levied for applying for this visa, but it carries a service charge of AUD $20, only for online application.

Visitor visa

This visa is for persons not allowed for ETA or eVisitor visa. Visitor visa is applicable if you are traveling to Australia:

  • To visit family
  • For business activities
  • As a visitor/ tourist
  • On a trip with a registered travel agent from China.

If you are in Australia, you can apply for Tourist Stream of Visitor visa online, provided you have a valid visa currently which is not subject to condition 8503. If you are outside Australia, only some passport holders can apply online for this visitor visa for Australia.

If you are holder of passport from People’s Republic of China and are applying within China, you are eligible for applying for Visitor Visa (subclass 600) Frequent Traveller Stream Visa.

Time for processing Visitor visas are as follows:

  • Tourist visa- 16 to 28 days
  • Business visitor- 8 to 16 days
  • Frequent Traveller- 11 to 12 days
  • Sponsored family- 47 to 67 days.

If you are in Australia already and hold a legal ETA visa, your stay can be extended bymaking an application for an alternative visa like Visitor Visa. But an eVisa is not allowed be extended.

For a short-term visit but also for taking up temporary employment in Australia, there is the Working Holiday Maker Program. It enhances cultural interaction and deeper ties between a few countries by permitting young adults of age 18 to 30, to enjoy a long holiday, complemented with a short-term job.

In the case, you want to study in Australia for a short time, you will have to apply for Student visa (Subclass 500) or Training and Research visas (Subclass 402).

For more information and how to apply, kindly contact us at the given number or you can even email!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *