Are you interested for applying for Working Holiday Visa in Canada? Have a look at the details of it.
What is Working Holiday Visa in Canada program?
It is for allowing young people from 30 different countries to work temporarily in Canada. You can live there legally as well as get a job there. You can either stay for 1 or 2 years depending on your citizenship.
How to Apply For Working Holiday Visa in Canada program?
You need to create a profile about yourself to notify the Canadian authorities that you desire to get a Working Holiday Visa in Canada. The candidates who are successful will get an invitation. They will have to complete the application for getting permission for working. The success is dependent on the available seats and eligibility.
Who can participate in it?
If you fall in these category, it is for you :
You don’t have no job offer yet.
You are willing to work for more than one employer in Canada.
You are willing to give service in more than one location.
You want to earn some money for travel purposes.
How to get Working Holiday Visa in Canada?
- A profile is to be created at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.
- At regular intervals, candidates are selected randomly and sent invitation so that they can apply for work permit. These take places until all the places for a year is completely filled. Apply for it, after the opening date of application for your country.
- You have to enter in one or more pools and work permit category which the country decides. Categories like : ‘Ireland: Young Professionals’ are examples of pools.‘ or ‘Australia: Working Holiday’.
- Five days notice is given by IRCC before final rounds of invitations for each country and category. After the final rounds, there is closure of pool for a particular season.
- You have to be passport holder of one of any 33 countries that has “bilateral youth mobility agreement” made with Canada.
- A valid passport is required during stay in Canada.
- You have to be between age 18 and 30 or 35 (inclusive) while applying for it. The upper limit on age varies from country to country.
- You need to have CAD$2,500 on landing so that you meet up with initial expenses.
- Need to have health insurances for the time you are staying in Canada and you have to give evidence of it while entering.
- You need to be admissible to Canada.
- You need to have round-trip ticket or money to purchase departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay.
- You can’t be accompanied by dependents.
- You have to pay the right amount of fees.
- You need to resident of the particular country whose citizenship you have while applying.
How to become a candidate?
- You need to complete Come to Canada questionnaire which is initial assessment if you are eligible for work permit. You get a personal reference code if you pass it.
- You need to enter the code while creating the account.
- Make your IEC profile.
- After submitting the profile, choose the pools.
- If you are selected, you receive Invitation to Apply (ITA) for process continuation. If number of permits are less than that of pools, chances of getting ITA reduces.
- Once you receive, you have 10 days to start or decline the invitation.