The immigration system of Australia comes up with a number of opportunities for the immigrants belonging from different ages, backgrounds, needs and qualifications. People who are skilled have a better chance with the help of GSM.
What is a general skilled migration program?
Australia is a popular destination among skilled migrants. According to a study, there are about one lakh twenty eight thousand places available in the year 2015 – 2016 under the general skilled migration Australia visa program. Under this program the migrants with good skills could get a permanent visa of Australia, with the help of their work experience, qualifications and language ability in order to meet the immigration requirements of the Australia.
General skilled migration visa Australia took the place of all the other Australian visas that are specialized for the skilled worker in the year 2012 – 2013. This program consists of five subclasses visa, skilled independent visa (subclass 189), graduate temporary visa (subclass 485), skilled-nominated visa (subclass 190), skilled nominated or sponsored provisional visa (subclass 489) and skilled regional visa (subclass 887) it is based on points. An aspiring immigrant should hold approx sixty points in this program’s point tables to make a strong stand.
What are the requisites of this program?
This question is one of the most frequently asked questions relating to the skilled Australian visa. There are several requisites that should be met by an applicant in order to get consideration from the officials. Some of that are-
- The factor of age, an applicant should not be more than the age of fifty years.
- The language ability, one who applies for this program must be capable of speaking and understanding English language at the competent level. There is also a test for this that is known as IELTS (international English language testing system).
- The qualifications and skills of the applicant must be assessed by a reliable authority and should be appropriate for the occupation he or she has applied for.
The people who apply for this program nominate an occupation that gets along with their skills and qualifications.
Do you know about the point system?
The GSM program is based on points system. In this system the applicants receive points for the criteria of work experience to age. In order to get the visa an applicant must score at least 60 points. The points are awarded on the basis of-
- Nominated occupation is one of the major factor on which the points are awarded to the applicant.
- Age of the applicants is also an important factor different points are awarded to the immigrants from different age group. There are no points for the applicants over the age of 45.
- Score of the IELTS.
- Points are awarded for work experience in an occupation that requires some kind of special skills.
The applicants with high qualification are also awarded with points; the doctorate degree gets the highest point in this.