Working Holiday Visa, Canada is also known as International Experience Canada, IEC visa or Working Holiday Canada. The Canadian Working Holiday Visa allows you to live and get a job in Canada for 12 to 24 months. International Experience Canada is a working holiday program that allows people from many countries less than 35 years of age to work in Canada for a temporary period (one to two years).
The general criteria to apply job in Canada are just easy and simple. Accordingly to get a work permit for Canada is just involved three steps.
- First basic requirement is that an employer must offer you a job.
- Secondly, the job offer given to you by your employer must be confirmed by HRDC.
- Thirdly, the HRD made the confirmation that certain foreign national may fill the job; you can proceed applying to CIC for your work permit.
It is very important to have a Canadian work permit for all foreign visitors to Canada. Almost any work categories can utilize this permit except for business and employment that meets the nature of work. Sometimes where a temporary worker decides to apply for Canadian permanent residency the work does not turn out toward permanent residency visa. The temporary workers need documents to apply for permanent residency for a temporary period. Also some applicants for a Canadian work permit will need to go through the medical examinations for acquiring the visa that can reflect to the time period of application process.
Acquiring a Working Holiday Visa in Canada
Obtain a Canadian working holiday visa through the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. You can directly apply to the Embassy of Canada.
What’s New in the IEC Visa 2016
A new application process was revealed in November the 2016 program.
- You no longer need to wait until the early months of the fresh year to begin the application procedure for a working holiday visa in Canada.
- Accordingly the new system will draw applicants at random at “regular intervals” until all places are filled for the year. You can create a profile and become a candidate at your leisure, any time after the opening date for your country.
- It is best to apply early for a working holiday visa in Canada, which will expose you to a greater number of these draws.
- You need to fill the field to enter one or more ‘pools’ as determined by country and visa category.
- CIC has committed to give minimum five days notice before each country’s and categories final rounds of invitations, which will mark the closure of that pool for that particular season.
Eligibility for a Working Holiday visa in Canada
- You need to be a citizen (passport holder) of one of the 32 countries that have a bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada.
- Need to have a valid passport for the duration of their stay in Canada.
- You age should fall between 18 and 30 or 35 (inclusive) at the time of application.
- You need to have the equivalent of C$2,500 on landing to help cover initial expenses.
- Be able to take out health insurance for the duration of their working holiday visa in Canada.
- Be admissible to Canada.
- Have a prior to departure, a round-trip ticket or the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket for the end of their authorized stay in Canada.
- Should not be accompanied by any dependents.
- Pay the appropriate fees required.
- Citizens of certain countries are also required to be resident in their country of citizenship at the time they apply for their IEC Working Holiday visa in Canada.
Finally, ensure double-check everything because committing mistakes will result in rejection. All the best!!