Working Holiday Visa for UK entitles the foreign people to work and travel through the country. This visa is valid till two years in which the visa holders can work over any 12 to 24 months. This visa is acquired by 17 to 30 years of age group and is undoubtedly an excellent way to fund a holiday while traveling abroad.
When the United Kingdom working holiday visa is acquired a work permit is also allowed along with the visa that gives to liberty to work within these two years of stay in UK. Only a professional sportsperson or a person intending to set up a business is restricted from the benefits of this visa.
The UK working holiday visa gives the privilege of leaving and re-entering the country multiple times till the validity period of the visa. There will be no scenario that the visa will be put on hold. In case you have previously held a working holiday visa for UK, you will not be re-issued with new one.
- A valid passport for the period you will be staying in the UK. Your passport must be evident of your country participating in the Working Holiday Visa Programme with the UK.
- You need to provide evidence that there is no dependent accompanying you, until and unless they are a partner with a Working Holiday Visa valid for the same period of time.
- Present the evidence of fund sufficiency to the immigration authorities before they let you into Britain. You must have sufficient funds to support yourself without needing to access public funds.
Health & Security Requirements
- You need to declare to the immigration authorities your health status and if any criminal offenses you committed in your country, before they allow entry to the UK on a Working Holiday Visa.
- The UK Government has the right to deny your entry to Britain if they feel you have a medical problem that could drain resources from the health system.
- Security checks are conducted by the Home Office as well on the visa applicants. It is better to declare any offenses charged against you, even if they are minor. In case the authorities feel you may pose a threat to UK residents and citizens by any chance, your entry to UK will be denied.
Visa Application Process
If you are looking forward to apply for a Working Holiday Visa for United Kingdom the first important thing is to check if your country of origin is a participating country in the visa programme, at the UK Nile Migration website.
If your country is not mentioned in the list there are possibilities that countries outside the list on the Nile Migration website are included in the programme. Also take an online eligibility test to check out your eligibility for a UK Working Holiday Visa, and if your country is part of the programme.